Saturday, August 16, 2014

I Really Should Be Sleeping

I made a list earlier. I'm going to be editing it a lot over the next few weeks, but I think it'll work out pretty good. On it, I put all the different things I could do each day that would actually be productive (instead of stupid crap like play Facebook games that only piss me off). I put them in different categories, and next to each category heading, I put how many of them I want to cross off/do each day. I made this list in Paint, so I can just make a new copy each day, and literally cross things off when I do them. Makes it more satisfying, you know? Anyway, so far I have a chores section, an exercise section, and a creative section. The chores and exercise sections explain themselves, but in the creative section (which I'm going to go for at least one each day) has stuff in it like writing articles to sell (I've sold two already, and the extra money would be nice) or working on my novel or reading or drawing or working on one of my crafting hobbies. Stuff like that, basically. Maybe if I require it of myself, I'll actually do it for once. Because I'd really love to publish my novel someday, but after nine years I only have 33 pages of it. >_<

In good news, it looks like I won't have to worry about bumping into Doug at Guild and dealing with all kinds of more drama now. He is no longer in Zach's game, so unless he joins a different group (which I doubt, because if he wanted to be at Guild to game, he wouldn't have went awol from it for as long as he did, which if I remember correctly was over a decade). Also, I found out there was a different Pagan meet-up thingie, so I might be able to go to this one and not get completely frozen out by Doug's influence. It'd be nice to finally find a damn teacher. Another good thing about the new Pagan group thingie is that Zach said that my friends Tim and Sheena were there. It's been over a year since I've seen them (I couldn't afford to go to UDCon back in February, and that was the only time each year I saw them), so it'd be great to be able to hang out again. They're the ones that I'd feel the most odd calling up to see if they wanted to hang. After Jim dumped me, they seemed really distant to me. I dunno. It'd be so nice to see them again, though. I can see how their wedding plans are coming along, and hopefully they'll remember to invite me (if I'm remembering correctly, I was the reason they met, and I think I even introduced them). But yeah, yay there.

I was supposed to come home after dropping Ben off at work and go right to bed, but by the time I got back, I realized that I'd only get about two or three hours of sleep by the time I had to wake up and go get him (he works 9:30am til 3:00pm, and they usually cut him a few hours early cuz they suck like that). Hell, for all I know, I could be getting a call from him in the next hour or so, saying he got cut and needs me to pick him up. No point in trying to sleep now. That, and Rich overstayed his welcome by about five or six hours Thursday night/Friday morning, so we ended up not getting to bed until about 11:00am. Completely screwed up our sleep schedules. I have no clue if staying up til Ben gets home and taking a nap will fix anything, but I doubt going to bed right after I got back from dropping Ben off would've helped any, either. Definitely need to boot Rich around 4am, at the latest, next Thursday, because this him leaving after 9am crap needs to stop now. We're too nice to tell him to fuck off, and he doesn't have enough empathy to realize he's inconveniencing us so much. It's like when he kept making sushi here. It tasted great, true, but when he left we had to clean up the entire huge mess by ourselves. Ugh.

Me and Ben went on a four-mile walk Wednesday night. We walked over to the closest branch of the public library to us and dropped off a book and a DVD in the night drop box. Four miles, and I actually survived. Well, mostly survived. Even now, I'm fairly sore. I think that means that I need to exercise a LOT more. But the walk was really nice. We got to talk, something we don't do as much as we used to, and I missed it. About half of the walk or so was on a wooded bike path, too, so it was pretty. As pretty as it could be at 10:00pm, at least. We definitely have to do the next walk during the daytime, so I can see all the trees and flowers and the river and whatnot, instead of a lot of dark-ish blobs. I'm even thinking of taking my camera, see if I can get decent pictures with it when it's scenery instead of hyperactive kittens.

Been going through my stuff a lot lately, finding stuff to sell to make up for our lack of monies. We've gotten a bit from Half Price Books from my DVDs and books and CDs and such, but we need to sell more. We're going to put his drum kit up for sale on Craig's List, see if we can get anything out of that. I'm also going to try and sell all my anime stuff that I don't want any more. Could I interest anybody reading this who lives near me in buying a Kon plushie from Bleach, or an Inuyasha plushie, or a Roy Mustang plushie from Fullmetal Alchemist, or a Vash plushie from Trigun? Yeah, I thought not. >_<

I've been writing a lot of flash fiction lately, in this flash fiction writing prompts Facebook group I belong to. I wonder if I should post any of it here? I have no idea if I have much of anybody reading this at this point. I know of a couple people, but that about it. Probably oughta add it just cuz, though. I think I shall. Just not right now, because I'll hafta email them to myself (they're saved on this Wordpad-esque app thingie on my Nook right now) and I am quite lazy.

Speaking of Facebook groups, I joined a book club group a few days ago, and the first book to read is William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying, which I've been meaning to read for awhile anyway. I'm going to try and borrow my friend Izzy's copy, but if I can't get it in the next week or so, I'll be forced to use the library. I'm still very wary of the Dayton Metro Library system, after that $74 in late fines still being there after 5 years and them never having any way for you to pay off said fines except with cold, hard cash. Yeah, if I have any more late books, do they break my knee caps? *sighs* But yeah, looking forward to reading the book and talking about it afterwards. I don't remember ever having been part of a book club before, so this should be fun. I just wish I could've found a place online to download the ebook for free from. >_<

Well fuck, it would seem that I need to buy new computer speakers soon. Mine are messing up like mad crazy right now, and Ben has complained about them messing up before, too. Obviously can't get them until Ben starts getting checks from the new job (which he still hasn't been confirmed as being hired for yet). Bugger...

No comments: