Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mouth Oww

My mouth exists in a constant state of pain. Now my tooth is throbbing to the point of giving me a headache, and I can't chew anything whatsoever on the left side of my mouth. I'd be completely screwed if it wasn't for the fact that the pain of chewing on the right side of my mouth isn't as bad as it was before (it still hurts, but unless I go to a liquid diet, which I can' afford and don't want to do in the first place, I'm stuck with the pain for the next month and a half). My mouth has been in a constant state of pain for over a year now. Oh gods, I hope they can do something about it when I go in for my cleaning at the end of September. It'd be nice to finally be able to eat painlessly again. Though it's been so long, I don't think I can remember what it's like.

I read an article on Cracked.com last night that really gave me that kick in the ass that I've so desperately needed lately. 5 Ways You're Sabotaging Your Own Life Without Knowing It was written by one of my newest favorite authors (the guy who wrote John Dies At The End and its sequel). It talks about the stuff people do that pretty much ruins any chance of them doing what they want. Oh, I'm crap at describing things like that, so just go and read it. Anyway, I am so beyond guilty of every single one of those things. That's why I'm still fat and out of shape. That's why all my stories are unfinished. That's why my apartment is a mess. That's why I have so many books that I want to read but I haven't even finished the ones I've been working on for months yet. And all the other crap that I've been bitching about lately, too. So now, I'm going to start doing things. For starters, last night I deleted High School Story from my Nook, as well as that crappy coin dozer game I downloaded a week or so ago because I love those things in the arcade. Those were wasting way too much time, when I knew that it was a waste of time, and I wasn't even enjoying it all that much. >_< I'm going to delete Ghost Tales off my Facebook soon, because it takes up way too much time, and I'm once again to a point where I can't do much of anything unless I pay them real money, or I get a lot of my friends playing it, too. Yeah, fuck that noise. So now, I'm going to start working towards my goals. I want to finish my books soon. Not sure what to do with them afterwards, maybe self-publish the short story via Smashwords, and send the novel around to try and get it made into a book, but whatever I end up doing, they'll be done finally. I started them both back in 2005. Yeah, that long ago.

I'm going to start working out again, too. I've already had one offer on Facebook for a motivation buddy (she lives in Pennsylvania, otherwise it'd be a workout buddy), and one offer for a walking buddy. And if I can get Scott to finally let me know when he's in town and when he isn't, I've been trying to get him to let me go on his walks with him. Gotta start small, work my way up. Bit of walking, some beginner's yoga, a few minutes here and there of my exercise DVDs. Nothing too big yet, since I get winded walking from the parking lot to our room in Oelman on Friday nights for Guild (for those of you who don't know Wright State campus, that's only about a block's worth of walking). And as soon as we can afford it, I'm going to start buying and making food with fresh fruits and vegetables (might be able to help Ben get past his veggie phobia, too). I want to lose weight. Not just want, but want (those who read that article will get that). I'm sick and tired of having to buy bra extenders just because Walmart doesn't go up to my size, band-wise. I'm sick of wearing the ugly clothing because it's the only cheap stuff that fits (even places like Walmart and Meijer have cute as hell stuff in their skinny bitch section). I also really want to be in shape. This whole not being able to walk a few blocks without feeling like crap afterwards thing SUCKS.

I'm also going to try writing in here more. I like writing in my blog, and don't really understand why I go so long between posts. I can understand going a week or so, because nothing much interesting happens to me, so I don't usually have much to write about. But past that? Aww hell no. I'mma write, and annoy people by never shutting up! Bwahaha! You were warned. ^_^

There's a time waster I just found the other day that I don't mind wasting time with. I found a website called Khan Academy, that has all these class type things you can do to learn stuff, just like in those real schools that I'll never be able to afford to go back to. Tons of math stuff, plus other much-more-interesting stuff like physics, philosophy, health and medicine, and so much more. I plan on learnin' me some stuff. It's got a lot of stuff I missed out on by not completing ninth grade, like chemistry and calculus, so that'll be interesting to learn. Also, I never got around to taking any philosophy or art history classes when I was at Wright State, so that'll be even more fun. Whee! And to aid in my interest, they appealed to the gamer in me. You can earn badges for doing things, like answering a lot of questions really quickly and all correctly, or by watching videos for a certain amount of time. They also have mastery test thingies, which I have yet to do, but they sound really fun. I'm being a bit of a completionist whore, and I'm trying to get mastery on every single math thing. It'll be hard once I get past algebra, but this site is also made for elementary school students, as well as every other age, so getting mastery on the stuff like "Counting By 100s" is a wee bit too easy. But, completionism...

So yeah, simply put, I'mma start doing stuff. As soon as I make a cup of coffee and actually get some damn energy. Mmm, caffeine.

No comments: