Saturday, October 10, 2015

Yeah, It Is Supposed To Have A Title, Isn't It?

You ever get that thing in your head, where you want a write a blog post, but you have no idea what you want to write about? Cuz that's me right now. *shrugs*

We decided fuck it, we're just gonna drive to Pennsylvania. It'll save us about $50 or so (I think, unless the gas is fuck expensive there). Plus, we won't have to keep asking Whitters to give us rides to places, and we can leave here, and leave to come home, when we damn well feel like it, instead of by the bus's schedule. And I won't have to leave my car in the Greyhound parking lot for 5 days, too. In Columbus, no less. So, yays! Also, no weight limit or bag number restrictions, so we can take our own pillows and blankets (and possibly a fan), as well as any of our board games that we want (Ben's happy that we get to take Legendary and Sentinels Of The Multiverse). Makes life a bit easier. And the money we save is going towards a new serpentine belt before we leave, which we needed anyway, so more yays there!

The kittens are doing really good, and Pocky and Wasabi are being much less bitchy. Wasabi's been licking them clean, even. That makes me glad. I was afraid they'd hate the poor babies forever. Pocky's still a bit bitchier than Wasabi, though, but here's hoping. They each have a favorite kitten that they treat better than the other one, though. Wasabi really likes Unagi, and Mochi is Pocky's favorite. They each picked the one with the similar personality. ^_^ I <3 my furbabies so much.

I entered a poetry contest at the library a few weeks ago, and recently got an email saying they received it, and were doing the reading and judging and such right now. If I'm one of the finalists, they'll call me. The thing is, I couldn't use Underneath The Surface, which was my only non-sucktacular poem, so I highly doubt I'll be getting that phone call. *sighs* I used to be able to write buttloads of poetry when I was severely depressed, but now that I'm not cutting myself on a regular basis, not a freaking word of poetry. Gyah! I had to use one of the ones I wrote when I was in 7th grade. Hey, muses, get the fuck back here already! Amber wants to get back to writing! Fucking bitches, the whole lot of them... *grumbles about her deadbeat muses*

So, last but not least, I submitted two drabbles to the FWG Halloween anthology this year (since my muses allowed that much). I think they're both okay-ish. Here they are. (for those that don't know, a drabble is an entire story, told in exactly 100 words)

Hospitable by V. Amber

“That's the fifth family this year, Bob,” Veronica muttered as she watched the people putting stuff into a moving truck as quickly as they could.

“Yep,” Bob replied as he leaned back in the dusty chair.

“I try to be hospitable, I do,” she went on, waving her hands about. “Moaning at night to entertain them. Blood running down the walls for decoration. But this always happens.”

“The living are strange that way, dear. Always have been, always will be,” Bob said, same as every other time.


“Hopefully the next family stays longer,” Veronica grumbled.


Bloody Mary by V. Amber

“Bloody Mary,” Danielle chanted over and over, staring into the bathroom mirror. The candle flickered, but nothing else happened.

“You said since it was Halloween, it'd work,” her sister Lisa complained, punching her lightly.

“It was supposed to, I swear,” Danielle whined, staring harder, in case that's what was missing.

“Didn't work, loser,” Lisa said, spraying tap water at her, splashing some onto the mirror.

As the water dripped down, Danielle sighed and turned on the lights. “It should've...”

The water dripping onto Danielle's face that woke her up later that night proved that it had.

No comments: